United Methodist Woman : Faith • Hope • Love in Action
“United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.”
United Methodist Women (UMW) is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice and support mission in a creative, inspirational and supportive fellowship.
- UMW equip women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches.
- UMW are organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action.
- UMW provide educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.
- UMW work for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems.
- UMW provide opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, become more deeply rooted in Christ and put faith into action.